One of my first recipes I posted on my blog was for my soothing balm. My soothing balm is a powerhouse for skin repair and moisturizing. But some people may find it heavy for all over body application, or may just want a quick but effective hand balm. If this description better fits your needs then let me introduce my All-Purpose Balm! This balm can be made in five minutes with just TWO ingredients! It is incredibly nourishing for your skin. I call this my all purpose balm because it truly is a multiuse product. It is great as a skin balm to keep near the sink to apply after washing your hands, or be used as your main body moisturizer. It can also be great as:
- Nipple cream for breastfeeding moms (no essential oil)
- Baby lotion (no essential oil, or 30 drops lavender)
- Baby Booty Balm (cloth diaper safe, 30 drops lavender essential oil)
- Cuticle repair balm (30 drops frankincense essential oil , or a blend of lavender and tea tree essential oils)
All Purpose Balm
- 3/4cup Shea Butter
- 1/2cup Coconut oil
- Essential oil (optional)*
- Measure ingredient into a glass bowl
- Melt over a double boiler on medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Take off heat once melted. If adding essential oils*, add now and stir.
- Store in a glass jar.
*Total drops of EOs added should be 50. My favorite oils to add are lavender, frankincense, or pre-blended oils like Plant Therapy’s Tranquil or Calming the Child. When putting in baby care products, I err on the conservative side and utilize less essential oils as noted above.